Autumn Readathon TBR

Hello Booknerds!

Today starts the first day of the Autumn Readathon! This is a read-a-thon hosted by MercysBookishMusings on YouTube. It runs from Saturday, Oct 20th to Friday, Oct 26th. This is my first time ever joining this readathon.

Below is a video of my TBR for the read-a-thon, but you can continue reading to see what books I'll be reading this week.


There are 4 prompts for this readathon with 2 bonus ones. As this read-a-thon overlaps with Spookathon, you will see some books from that read-a-thon in this one...

The prompts and the books I've chosen for each are as follows:
1. Read a gothic/spooky book
My pick is Night Chill by Jeff Gunhus.

2. Read a non-fictional book that feels autumnal
I am going with 365 Devotions for a Thankful Heart by Zondervan. I'll be reading the days that correspond to this read-a-thon.

3. Read a novel set in a cold location
I am so stoked to finally be diving into this author as I own every book of his, but have never read them...I am going with Red Sister by Mark Lawrence.

4. Read an historical fiction novel
Here is the first book that overlaps with one of my Spookathon reads...Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore. It takes place in the 1930s.

Bonus prompts
* Read a short story collection
Another book overlap which is Toil & Trouble by Jessica Spotswood and Tess Sharpe. It's a 15 short stories written about women and witchcraft.

* Read an adult novel about a young female protagonist
I am going with the same book as I did for prompt 3 which is Red Sister by Mark Lawrence.

These are my picks and tbr for the read-a-thon. I'm excited to see if I can read all 5 of these books.

Are you joining the Autumn Readathon?