Spookathon TBR

Hello Booknerds!

Today starts the first day of Spookathon! Spookathon is a read-a-thon hosted by Lala from BooksandLala on YouTube. It runs from Monday, Oct 15th to Sunday, Oct 21st. This is my first time ever joining this readathon.

Below is a video of my TBR for the read-a-thon, but you can continue reading to see what books I'll be reading this week.

There are 5 challenges, a buddy read and instragram challenges going on for this week.

The buddy read is going to be Toil & Trouble by Jessica Spotswood.

The challenges and the books I've chosen for each are as follows:
1. Read a thriller
I picked You by Caroline Kepnes. I've had a copy of this book since it was released and I just checked out the show (I love it!) I'm excited to dive into this book.

2. Read a book with purple on the cover
I did pick Valiant by Merrie Destefano, but I'm opting for the buddy read instead which is Toil & Trouble by Jessica Spotswood.

3. Read a book not set in the current time period
I'll be reading Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore. It's a historical fiction and paranormal set in the 1930's.

4. Read a book with a spooky word in the title
I decided on Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor because I'm still partaking in the #StrangeTheReadalong with Cat from LittleBookOwl. I feel like nightmares is a spooky word.

5. Read a book with pictures
I want to read Saga Vol 9 by Brian K. Vaughan, but if I can't get my hands on it I'll read Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor.

These are my picks and tbr for the read-a-thon. I'm excited to see if I can read all 5 of these books.

Are you joining Spookathon?