Looking for a clean romance that will make you laugh and swoon? A romance with a bit of mystery? Check out Healing Hearts!
Title: Healing Hearts
Author: Sarah M. Eden
Series: Savage Wells #2
Age: Adult
Genres: Western, Historical Romance, Clean Romance
Publication Date: February 5, 2019
Publisher: Shadow Mountain
Source: ARC
Purchase: Paperback | Kindle | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks
Synopsis:
My Rating:
Quote(s) I Like:
"I even told my pa I couldn't do my chores in the barn on account of Doc saying I wasn't to get my cut-up part all dirty." - Rupert
"Marriage isn't supposed to be mutually beneficial. What I was trying to say is that you don't pick a wife because she's the most convenient option. You choose a woman who lights up every time you see her, who makes your heart lodge itself in uncomfortable places. A marriage based on anything other than mutual affection and respect will never truly be convenient." - Father aka William MacNamara
My Thoughts:
All I can say is WOW. I am personally not a major fan of adult historical fiction or western novels because they tend to bore me, especially the romance. However, this was absolutely amazing. A refreshing, sweet and clean romance that made me blush. The writing was beautiful and the story flowed seamlessly.
Miriam Bricks has arrived at Savage Wells for a job as a nurse only to be surprised at the attendance of her own wedding. What does she do? Run. Miriam is a girl with a broken past and a secret. She wants nothing more than to escape her past, hide her secret and rebuild her life. I loved Miriam because she was a very level-headed woman. She worked hard, she cared for people, she dealt with many hardships and still managed to keep a smile on her face.
Gideon MacNamara has had two failed attempts at marriage, so this third time he decided on a mail-in-order bride. He requested a wife that had nursing experience. Only when she arrived she didn't want or even know she was getting married. Humiliated in front of the town he was hurt, but he managed as he always did. Gideon was a very kind, hard working man. He was never rude to people. He always saw the best in others. I loved his heart and how pure it was. Gideon was an absolute amazing man.
The romance was so realistic and amazing. I loved how they were both in no rush to make the marriage work, but took their time getting to know one another. They flirted here and there but they kept it on a friendly level. I loved that they took their time and let the romance brew. I just loved it.
The people of Savage Wells were all very interesting. At first they were very hostile towards Miriam, but as time went on and she managed to work they began to like her. I love and respected the people of Savage Wells, especially when drama came to town. The lengths they go to protect and love their own is amazing.
Dr. Blackburne was an irritating man. He was an evil, twisted doctor that wanted nothing but money. I could not stand him. As far Mr. Bricks I cant even fathom how a father could be so stupid and not try to figure things out for his own child.
Overall, I truly enjoyed this book and definitely plan to read the first book!
Title: Healing Hearts
Author: Sarah M. Eden
Series: Savage Wells #2
Age: Adult
Genres: Western, Historical Romance, Clean Romance
Publication Date: February 5, 2019
Publisher: Shadow Mountain
Source: ARC
Purchase: Paperback | Kindle | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks
Synopsis:
Wyoming Territory, 1876
As the only doctor in the frontier town of Savage Wells, Gideon MacNamara knows his prospects for a bride are limited. The womenfolk in town are either too young, too old, or already spoken for. So, being a practical man, he decides to take advantage of the matchmaking service of the day—mail-order brides—and sends away for a woman with nursing experience.
When Miriam steps off the stagecoach in Savage Wells, she sees a bright future in front of her. But when the town—and Gideon—meets her, ready for a wedding, her excitement quickly turns to horror. Somehow Dr. MacNamara's message had gotten turned around. He didn’t want a nurse, he wanted a wife. When she refuses to marry him, she finds herself stranded in Savage Wells with some very unhappy townspeople.
But Gideon is not like the other men Miriam has met. Embarrassed by the misunderstanding, he offers her a job, and the two begin an awkward—and often humorous—dance of getting to know each other as they work to care for the people of their town. Romance blossoms between the two, but when a former medical associate of Miriam’s arrives in town, Gideon and the other townsfolk must rally around Miriam to protect her from a dangerous fate. Gideon and Miriam must decide if they are willing to risk their hearts for each other even as buried secrets are brought to light.
My Rating:

Quote(s) I Like:
"I even told my pa I couldn't do my chores in the barn on account of Doc saying I wasn't to get my cut-up part all dirty." - Rupert
"Marriage isn't supposed to be mutually beneficial. What I was trying to say is that you don't pick a wife because she's the most convenient option. You choose a woman who lights up every time you see her, who makes your heart lodge itself in uncomfortable places. A marriage based on anything other than mutual affection and respect will never truly be convenient." - Father aka William MacNamara
My Thoughts:
All I can say is WOW. I am personally not a major fan of adult historical fiction or western novels because they tend to bore me, especially the romance. However, this was absolutely amazing. A refreshing, sweet and clean romance that made me blush. The writing was beautiful and the story flowed seamlessly.
Miriam Bricks has arrived at Savage Wells for a job as a nurse only to be surprised at the attendance of her own wedding. What does she do? Run. Miriam is a girl with a broken past and a secret. She wants nothing more than to escape her past, hide her secret and rebuild her life. I loved Miriam because she was a very level-headed woman. She worked hard, she cared for people, she dealt with many hardships and still managed to keep a smile on her face.
Gideon MacNamara has had two failed attempts at marriage, so this third time he decided on a mail-in-order bride. He requested a wife that had nursing experience. Only when she arrived she didn't want or even know she was getting married. Humiliated in front of the town he was hurt, but he managed as he always did. Gideon was a very kind, hard working man. He was never rude to people. He always saw the best in others. I loved his heart and how pure it was. Gideon was an absolute amazing man.
The romance was so realistic and amazing. I loved how they were both in no rush to make the marriage work, but took their time getting to know one another. They flirted here and there but they kept it on a friendly level. I loved that they took their time and let the romance brew. I just loved it.
The people of Savage Wells were all very interesting. At first they were very hostile towards Miriam, but as time went on and she managed to work they began to like her. I love and respected the people of Savage Wells, especially when drama came to town. The lengths they go to protect and love their own is amazing.
Dr. Blackburne was an irritating man. He was an evil, twisted doctor that wanted nothing but money. I could not stand him. As far Mr. Bricks I cant even fathom how a father could be so stupid and not try to figure things out for his own child.
Overall, I truly enjoyed this book and definitely plan to read the first book!
Have you read this book?


