Book Review | A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

Title: A Court of Frost and Starlight

Author: Sarah J. Maas

Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #3.1

Age: New Adult

Genres: Fantasy Romance

Publication Date: May 1st 2018

Publisher: Bloomsbury YA

Source: eBook

Purchase: Kindle | Hardcover | Paperback | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
Hope warms the coldest night.

Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve.

Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated--scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court.

My Rating: 

Quote(s) I Like:
"As far as things went, I had little to complain about. Taking my mate to bed on a regular basis wasn't exactly a pressing issue. Or anyone's concern but our own." - Rhysand

"It's their tradition, though. One that they fought and died to protect in the war. Perhaps that's the better way to think of it, rather than feeling guilty. To remember that this day means something to them. All of them, regardless of who has more, who has less, and in celebrating the traditions, even through the presents, we honor those who fought for its very existence, for peace this city now has." - Elain 

"I have to create, or it was all for nothing. I have to create, or I will crumble up with despair and never leave my bed. I have to create because I have no other way of voicing this. It is hard, and it hurts, but if I were to stop, if I were to let this loom or the spindle go silent, then there would be no Hope shining in the Void." - The weaver

My Thoughts:
Okay before I even review this book...that teaser for book 4...😨 yesssss. Nesta and Cassian better stop playing 😍😍 On to my thoughts now...

At first, I thought this was going to be a 4 star read because this started off extremely slow to me. However, it picked up and I loved the ending.

Feyre and Rhysand are som serious freaks in the sheets. I just love the relationship they have...definitely my new favorite OTP ever. Cassian and Nesta seemed grumpy. They need to just be mated already. Elain seems a bit more chipper. Lucien needs to stop brooding. Amren is still the same. Mor is too secretive. Azriel needs to laugh more, I enjoyed seeing this side of him that was more humorous.

Tamlin was a person I was shocked to see in this novella. I felt a bit bad for him, but I have hope that he will be able to piece his life back together and befriend Feyre again. However, he got EXACTLY what he deserved for how he did Feyre in the first two books.

This was definitely a fantastic novella. Sarah J. Maas is a brilliant writer.

Have you read this book?