Book Review | Just Like Animals by Hettie Ivers

Title: Just Like Animals

Author: Hettie Ivers

Series: Werelock Evolution #5

Age: Adult

Genres: Paranormal Romance

Expected Publication Date: August 28, 2018

Source: eBook

Purchase: Amazon 

Synopsis: 
For ten long years, I stayed away to protect her.

I thought I’d successfully subverted my wolf’s instincts where Bethany was concerned.

But when I saw her on that dance floor, my inner beast took over.

I told myself it would be just one dance. One dance and I’d let her go.

I didn’t mean to bite her.

Or f*ck her in the middle of a crowded dance club.

Or kidnap her… again.

My Rating: 

Quote(s) I Like:
"Sure, we do some babysitting here and there, but we're more like an elite werewolf special-ops unit. Maybe think of us as a lethal, supernatural version of the Baby-Sitters Club. But instead of organizing daycare camps for kids, we spend our time warring with enemy packs and paving the way for a next-level breed of super-werewolves." - Mike

"Four. She'll be fully shifted in four days. A full-fledged bitch." - Rafe

"Milena, really. I got this. I mean I may not be a badass Alpha and Goddess of Thunder like you are, but you know that in a pinch I can still throw down and cut a bitch." - Bethany

My Thoughts:
Okay once again, Hettie has gripped me! I just love her story, her world, her characters and how sexy these books in the Werelock Evolution series are. This is the 5th book in the series (a companion to the first three books) that centers around Milena's bestfriend and her brother. It's jammed pack with a lot of sexy time and humor.

Raul is a character I seriously hated throughout the series. He's conniving, ruthless, rude and downright stupid. However, in this book his heart is revealed, his humanity is slightly seen and his love for his sister is shown. Though I still despise him, I must say my heart broke slightly for him. He was funny, hot and ruthless to the end. He did become a softy slightly.

Bethany is still a funny girl to me! I just love her to pieces. She's a bit more vulnerable in this book than the others, but she still is spunky and sarcastic as ever. I loved getting to know her more and seeing the inner workings of her mind. Bethany is perfect!

The romance was instant but with 10 years apart -- and those being years Bethany can't remember -- what more could you expect. One night of dancing changed their lives and Beth's DNA forever. I can sum up their relationship in a few words: dangerously passionate. Sex, sex and more steamy, hot paranormal sex. I mean their relationship was very sexual, but then again 10 years of pent up anger and desire, it's to be expected.

I loved the appearance of my faves Milena, Alex, Al and Kai -- I mean they are essential to this world and OMG Mil was preggers, I cannot explain the joy I felt. Al is still an idiot, but handsomely so. Kai shocked me, especially that ending! Oh my, the 6th book Seer is going to be a definite MUST read.

I'm pretty much bias to this series because I've loved it from the beginning and I adore Hettie's writing. Seriously, in my head Hettie is like my best-friend (shhhhh, don't tell her). If you're looking for a new paranormal romance to get into that's packed with action, sexy time and a bit of suspense pick up the whole series! You will not regret it!

Have you read this book?