Book Review | Billionaire Protector by Nikki Chase

Title: Billionaire Protector

Author: Nikki Chase

Series: Standalone

Age: Adult

Genres: Contemporary Romance, Erotica

Publication Date: March 28, 2017

Source: ARC provided by Author

Purchase: Amazon 

Synopsis: 
I should be all grown-up now. I should have my life figured out.
But all I have is a dull job and a lonely apartment… until him.
When a billionaire makes you a once-in-a-lifetime offer, you don’t say no.
Especially when he’s this painfully handsome.
Not even when you know he’s trouble…


Designer suit. Luxury car. Expensive watch. Seth Wayne blends in well… But something dangerous is lurking beneath his sleek exterior.

Or maybe that’s just an excuse I make up because I’m dying to see what he’s packing underneath that suit. Can you blame me, though? He’s hotter than the spiciest chili in my pantry.

I try to keep things professional.

Until he asks me to be his personal chef.

He promises me a lot of money and free creative reign. I can come up with any menu I want and use the best equipment and ingredients money can buy. 

The only catch? 

I’ll have to live in his mansion outside the city. 

It sounds too good to be true...

Then again, what’s the worst that can happen, right? Even if he’s only using the job as bait to lure me into his bed, it wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen.

It might just be the best one.

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
Another good read from Nikki Chase. I loved the drama and love that was in this story.

Seth Wayne is a ex-con who was as at the wrong place, wrong time and paid the price for it. While in jail he mingled with the wrong crew and when he got out things got worse for him. He, once realizing the craziness, decided to save people from the sick men in the world. I absolutely adored Seth from start to finish. I don't think there was ever a point in which I disliked or hated him. He kept to his word and from the start you could see that he truly cared for Alice. He was smart and definitely dominating. I loved him.

Alice is the sister of Emily from Guilty, so I was intrigued to learn more about her. Alice is a chef and has a major goal of opening up her own restaurant. Alice is a sweet woman, but she is definitely quick with the mouth --she speaks what she thinks. I definitely enjoyed Alice as a character because she was spunky, sassy, hardworking and spoke her mind.

The romance was absolutely cute. Normally, you have a woman that has crushed on a guy for a long time, but in this case it was Seth who had a major crush on Alice for a few years. They met in an unlikely place and Seth had fallen in love with her, but with this life he wanted to stay away but couldn't. I loved how dominating Seth was and he knew it. Alice was very submissive and willing to please which I found refreshing. Now keep in mind this wasn't a bdsm novel, but their relationship -- sexually -- was like that.

The drama involved in this story was literally insane. I didn't know how to feel about it, but I enjoyed seeing Seth as a sort of savior to people in need of saving. It was pretty good. Good read.

Have you read this book?