Book Review | Kingpin by Lili St. Germain

Title: Kingpin

Author: Lili St. Germain

Series: Cartel #2

Age: Adult

Genres: Dark Romance, Erotica

Publication Date: January 1, 2016

Publisher: HaperCollins

Source: NetGalley

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
The second scorching novel in the USA Today bestselling Cartel trilogy from the smash-hit author Lili St Germain.

They say love conquers all.

It's a lie.

Five days a week, I dressed in smart business clothes. I painted my face, and went to work as an accountant. But nothing about my life was normal.

For eight years I had been the property of the Gypsy Brothers Motorcycle Club. I laundered their money so well they'd never let me leave. My only glimmer of light was the man I loved. The man who had saved me.

Dornan.

His love had been the only thing that kept the demons at bay. But he'd become so immersed in the cartel's brutal business that I hardly knew him anymore.

Dornan had been my salvation, but he was also my undoing.

Would he pull me down into the darkness until he destroyed me? Could I save him?

Did I even want to?
 

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
Amazing read. Had all the excitement and drama I was looking for, but there was also a third guy thrown into the romance that made me feel iffy. The characters are still as dynamic and explosive as ever.

Mariana has been with the Gypsy Brothers and Emilio for nine years even though she has paid her father's debt. She is stuck forever with them because of her accounting skills. Mariana was still as sassy as ever and much more aware of everything going on around her. She was a strong girl. I loved that she was never truly naive to her situation and those around her. She made friends and had her enemies. She is definitely spunky and I'm looking forward to seeing a more devious side of her.

Dornan is amazing in his own strange way. I hate how he treats Mariana even though he loves her. Sometimes I loved him and other times he freaked me out. The whole situation with Steph and his son Jason was freaking insane. I mean I knew he was ruthless, but damn. He definitely is Emilio's son, no doubt about it. I feel bad because he slowly becoming like his father who he didn't want to be like. Not to mention he himself has six -- correction, seven boys who are looking at him and his father.

The romance is definitely one twisted one. Mariana is still a slave to Dornan and Emilio, but she's in love with Dornan and vice versa. It's one fucked up situation. I loved all the sex they had, but I hated when Dornan got upset and went to hard on literally. It pissed me off how he was becoming more and more abusive. I totally started to hate him, but with John thrown in the mix to spice things up I was intrigued. Mariana loved Dornan, started to fear him and turned towards John.

John, who is Dornan's best friend and President of Gypsy Brothers, has always had a thing for Mariana, but sat in the back keeping watching. Now he's become bold and decided to really reach out to help her. In doing so, he opened pandora's box and started a secret fling with her. I hope they don't get caught or he will be dead quickly.

Murphy disgusted me and I was so happy about how he died. He deserved much worse, but it was quick. Allie was annoying as hell. An insane woman so far stuck up guys butt that he inevitably was her downfall. Her and Murphy were definitely a match made in hell.

That ending was freaking insane! Does she really think she can get away from Emilio and the Gypsy Brothers? I can't believe what happened to her family. I hope Luis stays safe. I truly hope Mariana does not get killed because Dornan and Emilio would give her such a harsh death.

Have you read this book?