Book Review | Guilty by Nikki Chase

Title: Guilty: A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance 

Author: Nikki Chase

Series: Stand Alone

Age: Adult

Genres: Contemporary Romance

Publication Date: January 3, 2017

Source: Review copy

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
I've climbed my way to the top. Now it's your turn, baby. 

I’m filthy rich. They call me a genius on the front page of the business newspapers, and you’re just as likely to see my face on the tabloids. 

I used to love it all. The spotlight, the women, the glamour. But it was getting old. 

That’s when Emily sashayed her way into my life. With her long legs and full hips, my reaction was primal and instantaneous. I wanted to rip her clothes off, pin her down and feel those curves writhing under me. 

I had to have her. And I’m a man who gets what he wants. 

But one split second changed everything. 

Now a man lies six feet under, and everything is upside down. A deadly secret stands between Emily and me. I’ll lose everything I’ve worked so hard for if I get any closer to her. 

So I swore to keep my dirty paws off her. For her own good. 

But when she looks at me with those big blue eyes so full of pent-up desire, those luscious lips tempting me to have a taste, all my good intentions go out the window. 

I want nothing more than to break all the rules and make her mine

Note: This is a full-length standalone novel with a guaranteed happily ever after. No cheating, no cliffhanger.

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:

Nikki Chase is a phenomenal writer. I am obsessing over Guilty and I wish there more to it. I was ready to give this book a full on 5 star rating, but I had to pull back think. I'm giving this 4 stars because I really REALLY wish there was more to the story between Cole and Emily. Everything had so fast between them that I was trying to piece it all together and then BAM they are a couple and the connection between them starts to come forth and I was just wanting more...so much more. I truly wish this was duology or even a trilogy -- it was that good.

Emily was a sweet girl. She was quite and reserved. I felt like she was a push over when the girls started giving her all the work, but she took it in strides and had the opportunity of a life time. I loved the sass she showed towards the end of the book, I wish she showed more of it throughout the book. Emily did have a wild side that I enjoyed seeing because it just made her seem out of place in a cute way. Loved her character.

Cole was a hot man from start to finish for me. He was dealt a shitty hand in regards to his past with Emily and his father. Cole was strong, dominating and loving. He was tender with his love for Emily. Cole tried so hard to not be like his father, but in trying so hard he did exhibit some parts of his father -- he tried to control things instead of asking Emily how she felt. Cole is a strong man.

The romance was quick and fast. You know from the start that there is a connection between Cole and Emily, but you're not sure what it is. When the connection is revealed I was blown away and really wanted more of a backstory and how Cole fell in love with her. Even so, Cole and Emily were absolutely cute together. I think they were meant to be considering how they initially met. I think it was all supposed to happen to bring Emily more joy in her life.

That ending was perfect, both the last chapter and epilogue. I still wanted way more background on Scott and the accident, but things played out good. Think this is the perfect read if you're looking for a quick read or even a book to get you through a book hangover. I definitely will be reading more from Nikki Chase.

Have you read this book?