Book Review | Pretty Bird by Olivia Howe

Pretty Bird Pretty Bird by Olivia Howe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book for free in exchange of an honest review.

This is my first novel from Olivia Howe, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew going into it that it would an interested suspense novel since the synopsis gave me that feel. I am blown away with how good this novel really was. I normally don't read many suspense novels because they can get boring, but this one was far from it. The writing and characters were all so intriguing. I was gripped from beginning to end.

The story follows Kenna after she loses her boyfriend in a freak plane crash. That plane crash kills everyone on board. A total of 150 people are dead. She is the only survivor and now has to manage and move on with her life. Things are bad until someone tries to kill. That makes everything worse and forces Kenna to find out the truth behind the plane crash.

Finding out the truth was far from easy for Kenna. Underneath the layers of deceptions and lies, she beings to learn the truth about the crash and her beloved Derrick.

One thing I can say about the writing is that Olivia Howe really took the time to really get those feelings and emotions Kenna had to jump out of the book and on to me as a reader. I really felt a connection with everything Kenna did, said and felt.

Good, old Detective Nathan was an awesome addition to the story. He was the shoulder Kenna needed to lean on. He did try to use her, but when he learned that she knew nothing more about Derrick he worked with her to find the answers.

I loved everything about this book and totally can't wait to read more from this amazing author.

View all my reviews