Book Review | Find Me If You Dare by Vicki Leigh

Title: Find Me If You Dare

Author: Vicki Leigh

Series: Dreamcatcher #2

Age: Young Adult

Genres: Paranormal Romance

Publication Date: December 1st, 2015

Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press

Source: NetGalley

Purchase: Amazon | B&N 

Synopsis: 
They may have won the first battle, but the Apocalypse has just begun.

Five weeks have passed since the battle that left Rome and Columbus in ruins. Sheltered in the hidden city of Caelum, Daniel and Kayla train alongside over one hundred Magus and Protectors, hoping that their unified ranks will be enough to take down their greatest threat yet: Richard, his followers, and his horde of Nightmares. Then a fallen comrade is returned to Caelum with a message carved into his chest and a note referencing the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and Daniel knows their time for training is over.

Finally understanding Richard’s plans for Kayla and the three other Magus born on Halloween, Daniel and the rest of Caelum’s volunteers scout the U.S. in a desperate attempt to stop their enemy before he can unleash his first Horseman. But when massive attacks claim thousands of lives, people all over the world begin to fall ill—including those Daniel and Kayla care about the most.

With the Horseman of Pestilence released, Daniel knows it’s time to step aside and let Kayla take the lead. Only she has the power to rival her father’s. But when Richard’s plot turns out to be darker than they imagined, their fight is met with more death and destruction—and an enemy who might be unbeatable, after all.

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
Holy hell! I thought Catch Me When I Fall was awesome...but this was by far one of the best sequels I've read! Action packed, full of drama and just twists all in it! Vicki Leigh is absolutely brilliant with her writing in this paranormal romance. Once again the whole Nightmare being paranormal characters is just amazing!

Daniel is possibly the best male protagonist I've ever read! He still has the macho man, protector of all mentality in this book, but I love that he becomes more open and vulnerable -- rather in touch with his emotions. Daniel is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Kayla definitely become bolder and stronger than I ever. I actually felt scared that she would slip and succumb to the dark magic, but she didn't. I loved Kayla. The romance between the two of them is absolutely perfect.

Tabbi was such a sweet girl. I felt like my heart ripped out of my chest when she died. Same for Trishna, she at least went out like a champ protecting her crew. I was upset when they died, but their deaths were fuel for Kayla when the big fight counted in the end. The whole thing with Nolan tore me to pieces. I really wanted to cry for him. I love how bold and playful he was. He was willing to do anything to protect Kayla and kill Richard and finding out why made the book that more interesting. I'm so happy that he was able to come back as a Dreamcatcher -- he is going to be kick butt. Daniel, Kayla and Nolan are going going to be a serious killer trio and with Sam and Seth at their sides -- dynamic!

Bartholomew is damn man! I can't believe he was a real angel -- that never crossed my mind, but when all is said and done it all made sense. Samantha finally let go of her anger and was happy for Daniel which I loved! She also finally found someone she could love which was so awesome! Seth was still the perverted jerk, but definitely can't help but love him.

Richard was still an annoying man. I hated him just as much as I did the first book. I cannot understand how he could be so evil to his real kids and to this "altered" kids. He seriously was insane. I loved how quick he was at being one step ahead of them all, but he was still an evil jerk. Finding out the deal he made and seeing how emotional he got about his kids just added to a mixture of drama. I was so excited for the fight he had with Kayla. That was absolutely dramatic, but he finally got what he deserved.

Apollyon is a character I never thought would irritate me so much. I didn't know how I feel about him. I know he will be worse than Richard, but will he better at how he treats people. I'm still iffy about him and his overall plan. Will he try to kill Kayla? So many questions.

I need the third book now! I need to know what happens next!!!!

Have you read this book?