Promo | His Jar of Hearts by SP Cervantes



Thank you for joining us in His Jar of Hearts Promotional Event with SP Cervantes and Wordsmith Publicity! Visit the tour homepage to find all the events and participating blogs.


Title:  His Jar of Hearts (A Broken Fairy Tale #3)
Author: S.P. Cervantes
Age: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release date: 12/11/14


 Blurb

Joey McMillian is man that everyone loves. Women fall at his feet everywhere he goes, and men want to be him. Working at the fire department in the small shore town where he grew up, staying close to the only constant in his life, his best friends, has been all Joey thought he wanted in life. While his friends have all found love and started families, Joey bounces from woman to woman, never opening himself up to the opportunity of loving someone and being truly loved in return.

Kat Pierce is a fiercely independent thirty something who knows Joey’s womanizing ways far too well. When she lands a teaching job and moves into her cousin’s house at the shore, she finds herself with Joey more than she would like. There’s always been an attraction between the two of them, but Kat knows better than to act on her feelings. Her heart has been broken before, and she knows Joey is a one way ticket to having it broken again.

Will Joey and Kat find the love they are looking for?


Purchase His Jar of Hearts

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iTunes


Excerpt

I can hardly keep busy enough at work today. I’d hoped there be more action with summer only a few weeks away and vacationers already taking advantage of the early heat wave. I wonder whether being away from Kat will always be this hard, or whether it will get easier as time passes. I never minded being gone from home for weeks at a time, but as the fire season draws near, the times where I’m away for weeks at a time will feel nearly impossible. I know the way I’ve been thinking about Kat and a future together is crazy, but these days, I can’t imagine one more day without her. Being in love is so much more all-consuming than I expected, I’m glad that it didn’t happen for me until now. Because now, I have no doubt that I will do anything it takes to spend the rest of my life with her. I have no questions whether there’s someone else out there for me. I’ve been with all kinds of women before, but not one has touched my heart the way Kat has, or even come close.
She’s.
My.
Plaster.

His Jar of Hearts, in Five Words

  1. Realization- I think this word best describes “His Jar of Hearts”.  There’s always been a flirtation and mutual affinity between Joey and Kat, but in this book, Joey finally realizes that she’s the girl who he’s been waiting for to make him want to be a better man.
  2. Love- This is a story about fighting for love.  Not only a couple falling in love, but of the love between friends.
  3. Friendship- The A BROKEN FAIRY TALE series is all about friendship, and this is a circle of friends that I would love to be a part of.  They are fun, supportive, and lovable!
  4. Sexy- Joey is a sexy, confident firefighter who doesn’t let anyone or anything stop him from getting what he wants.  All of the men in this book are quite simply drool worthy.
  5. Loyalty- Joey is the first person at the side of his friends when something goes wrong.  He never compromises his integrity when it comes to his friendships and is fiercely loyal to all those he loves.

Facts about His Jar of Hearts

  • Many of my books have a particular song that inspires me while I write.  Jar of Hearts was the song I listened to a lot while planning out this story.  
  • The A BROKEN FAIRY TALE series takes place in Matoloking, NJ, and is a real place where my grandparents lived for most of my life.  I spent every summer there growing up and it’s still my favorite place to visit.  Many of the restaurants and places spoken about are real.  Unfortunately, the group of friends are my imagination.
  • Each chapter of His Jar of Hearts is titled with a song that I feel sets the mood for the book.  I love listening to music while I write and read, and added that aspect to the book for those of you who enjoy doing the same.
  • Every time I think of Joey, I imagine Garrett Hedlund.  My GOD he is gorgeous, but also has a bad boy side to him.
  • I never wanted this series to end, and hope to write more about this group of friends in the future.

Getting to Know Joey and Kat

Joey and Kat are both feisty and confident characters that were a lot of fun to write about.  You were first introduced to them in Wished Away, and after writing that emotional story, I had to give Joey and Kat their happy ever after too.  

While the other books were mainly focused on the female characters, this book is mainly focused on Joey.  It would be easy to assume Joey is playing with Kat’s heart if you looked at his history with women, but there is so much more to him that I wanted to tell.  I wanted him to show his fierce loyalty towards a women and not just his best friends.  He is one of those characters that keep most people at arm’s length, but once he lets you in, he envelopes you in love and affection.  

Kat was the perfect match for Joey because she knows him so well.  Of course she was attracted to him, everyone was.  But once she was let into his world, she found it impossible to ever see love the same way again.

Kat and Joey’s relationship was the perfect ending to a series full of heartache and tragedy, and shows that the power of love and friendship can heal any heart.

The Broken Fairytale Series 


Dust to Dust
GoodReads  |  Amazon  |  B&N

Wished Away
 GoodReads  |  Amazon  |  B&N

About SP Cervantes

S.P Cervantes lives in Orange County, California with her husband and three children, where she is a teacher. She enjoys spending time with her family, writing, reading, and running, but is always thinking of an idea for her next novel.

S.P. Cervantes is the author of the highly rated New Adult Romantic Fantasy series Secrets of Shadow Hill. "Always and Forever" and "The Prophecy" are the first two book in the series that are available now. The third book in the series, "War of Wizards" will be released May 27, 2014.

S.P. Cervantes also has a contemporary romance series, A Broken Fairy Tale, in with the first book of the series, "Dust to Dust (A Broken Fairy Tale)" released March 4, 2014.
The second book of the series, "Wished Away" will be released August, 2014.