Book Review | Walking Shadows by Emma L. Adams

Title: Walking Shadows

Author: Emma L. Adams

Series: Darkworld #2

Age: New Adult

Genres: Fantasy

Publication Date: November 30th, 2014

Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press

Source: Publisher

Purchase: Amazon 

Synopsis: 
When you have a connection to the Darkworld, nowhere is truly safe.

Ashlyn has found a new home in Blackstone, but when a spate of grave robberies across the country spark fears that someone is practicing illegal sorcery, she comes under the radar of the Venantium, the protectors of the Barrier between her world and the Darkworld, who are suspicious of any sorcerer unaware of their origins.

The trouble is, what Ash does know might just get her killed.

Sufferers of the dangerous condition known as the vampire’s curse are being brutally killed, and the latest victim is Leo’s guardian, the ex-head of the Venantium. Ash determines to help Leo find out what’s really going on, but it isn’t long before events are spiraling out of control. The dead are rising from their graves, and the barriers around Blackstone are threatened by a demon which looks exactly like Ash herself… 

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
Walking Shadow was an awesome sequel and it's name was so true. I thoroughly enjoyed the new characters, the new paranormal beings and all the drama that ensued. Emma Adams is simply brilliant in her writing. Excited to read the rest of the series!

Ashlyn was much more bold in this sequel. She did manage to come out of her shell and become assertive. She learned way more than she wanted about who and what she is. She found out who she was descended from which blew my mind! She handled everything with such grace. Ashlyn definitely knows how protect those she loves which was awesome. I felt bad that she was a target, I  hope nothing goes wrong within the next few series. I couldn't bare for her to die.

Leo was absolutely awesome. I love how he doesn't take things too seriously. He tries to enjoy life. That kiss in the grave was absolutely perfect! He got so many points for that. I'm so happy that the bond and relationship between him and Ashlyn didn't full take place until the end...that made their whole interaction much more awesome.

Madame Persephone is so cryptic that I don't know whether to trust her or not. I really wonder if she is the mother of Ashlyn because she knows too much about her. I like her, but I'm still weary of her. Bernice is rather annoying. I don't get what her issue is with Ashlyn. I mean up until the end when she found out the truth about Ash, the hostility she had towards her was uncalled for. Bernice is a major pain in the butt.

Jude -- I mean really -- he needs to die! He has been so evil since the novella and it's aggravating! He keeps getting away with everything. I don't get why the Venantium keeps allowing him to just be. They need to kill him! The Venantium are cowards. I don't like them at all. The Dark Child was seriously insane. Taking the form of Ash as a doppelganger was creepy and I mean she was powerful beyond words. I wonder if the Dark Child was one of the Blackstones -- just one of my theories.

This is an awesome series for those who enjoy a good fantasy and paranormal characters.

Have you read this book?