Book Review | Gears of Brass Anthology by Jordan Elizabeth

Title: Gears of Brass Anthology

Author: Jordan Elizabeth

Series: --

Age: Young Adult; New Adult

Genres: Fantasy, Steampunk

Publication Date: November 10, 2014

Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press

Source: Publisher

Purchase: Amazon 

Synopsis: 
A world like ours, but filled with gears of brass, where the beating heart is fueled by steam and the simplest creation is a complex clockwork device.

Within this tome, you’ll find steampunk fairy tale re-tellings, as well as original stories that will send your gears turning.

Welcome to the steampunk realm, with eleven authors guiding your path.

GEARS OF BRASS is a steampunk anthology published through Curiosity Quills. Within the pages, you’ll come across clockwork inventions and steampunk-ified fairy tale retellings. Eleven authors will guide you through worlds filled with airships, top hats, and corsets.

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
Gears of Brass is a highly intriguing steampunk novel written by 11 pretty awesome writers. This is definitely a must read!

A Clockwork Dollhouse was absolutely creepy. It had me a little bit weary to turn a page. I enjoyed Ainsley and Jane. I couldn't believe all the stuff that Robert did just to be governor. I'm glad he got what he deserved. That dollhouse sounds creepy and beautiful all at once.

Zeus' Fire was a bit all over for me. I couldn't really get into the story.

Clockwork Wolf was absolutely perfect! A great retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. I loved that Redyn aka Red and the wolf were friends in this story. Awesome story!

Lana's End was one freaky story, almost scared me. Reminds me of a steampunk survival show, but with a lot more deceit and treachery between people. Really good story.

The Clockwork Monkey was okay. I didn't get the whole point of the clockwork monkey. It left me feeling confused.

Treasure's Kiss was interesting but I'm not sure why the title was called such when it was about a ransom. I will admit Amethyst is kick butt though!

Autumn Rose was a beautiful, quick and sweet retelling of Rumpelstiltskin.

A Princess of Zephyris was a nice story.

The Key Girl was funny. I totally enjoyed reading this story! Bella and Alexander were hilarious.

A Clockwork Beast was intriguing. I felt bad for Augusta. Both her dad and Clyde kept her at home.

My Golden Anabel was cool. I think I would love gold to keep my body going instead of blood. Clint was a douchebag for what he did though to Anabel.

The Archive Room was a nice story. Not too much to say about it.

Time Spun Souls was a beautiful story. Reminded me of Cinderella but a more twisted version. Totally loved it!

Clockwork Dwarves was a beautiful and different take on Snow White.

Last of the Giants was an awesome take on Jack and the Beanstalk. Glad the girl was the hero in this. The last giant was also a half blood which was awesome!

Overall, this was pretty nice steampunk anthology. I enjoyed the retellings of classic stories. I would definitely recommend it to those interested in steampunk novels.

Have you read this book?