Book Review | Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Title: Of Poseidon

Author: Anna Banks

Series: The Syrena Legacy #1

Genres: Fantasy, Paranormal Romance

Publication/Year: Feiwel & Friends • 2012

Page Numbers: 324

Format: Hardcover via eBook

Synopsis from Goodreads: 
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...

Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.
My Rating: ★★★★★

Quote(s) I Like:
"What did you do? Well, for starters, you used your face to stop a cafeteria door from swinging open." - Emma's mom

"You acted like the freaking Dalai Lama when I tried to tell you how to shift gears. I told you, one was for go and one was for stop. You can't stop and go at the same! You have to make up your mind." - Emma

My Thoughts:
Fan-flipping-tastic!

I am not sure what took me so long to get on the bandwagon for this baby, but holy-cow. Anna Banks has created a novel that is gripping from start to finish. Filled with humor, romance, secrets, deception and lies, Of Poseidon is a fantastic work.

The Basis: Galen, a Syrena, comes to land to find a girl that communicate with fish. He is bumped by Emma who is on vacation. When they bump he feels a pull from her but doesn't fully understand what it means. He sees the similarities in their eyes. When a near death experience occurs he sees Emma talking to a shark in which concludes that she has the gift of Triton. The story takes off from there in which we see Galen follow Emma home and see the romance grow between the two.

Emma was such an interesting character. At first she seemed a bit ditsy, but as the story progressed she matured and grew into a beautiful young lady to me. I did love her witty sarcasm. Simply priceless for me! Galen was such a "live by the rules" guy for me. No matter how much fun he wanted to have or how much in love he was with Emma he just had to obey the rules no matter what. He was still a hunk though -- lol. Rayna was a great sister and her personality was a splash of sunshine when mixed with that of Emma's and Galen's.

That cliff-hanger though. OMG! I was not expecting that to happen. The truth being unfolded is unbelievably crazy. I need to know what happens next! How Galen handles this? The explanation! How Emma takes to the truth of it all. Such juicy drama that I'm sold on this series as a new favorite for me.

Have you read this book?