Book Review | Cleopatra in Space #1 Target Practice by Mike Maihack

**Received a copy via NetGalley**

Title: Cleopatra in Space #1: Target Practice

Author: Mike Maihack

Series: ---

Genres: Children, Graphic Novel, Fantasy, Time Travel

Publication/Year: GRAPHIX • 2014

Page Numbers: 176

Synopsis from Goodreads:
When a young Cleopatra (yes, THAT Cleopatra) finds a mysterious tablet that zaps her to the far, REALLY far future, she learns of an ancient prophecy that says she is destined to save the galaxy from the tyrannical rule of the evil Xaius Octavian. She enrolls in Yasiro Academy, a high-tech school with classes like algebra, biology, and alien languages (which Cleo could do without), and combat training (which is more Cleo's style). With help from her teacher Khensu, Cleo learns what it takes to be a great leader, while trying to figure out how she's going to get her homework done, make friends, and avoid detention!
My Rating:★★★★★

Quote(s) I Like:
"If 'm going to rule over Etgpt one day, can't I just order you t do algebra for me?" - Cleopatra

"Light years from my home planet, millennia in the future, and a supposed savior of the galaxy...and I still have to go to school?!" - Cleopatra

My Thoughts:
I am a fan of anything having to do with Cleopatra, so when I saw this on NetGalley as a children's graphic novel I just had to read it! And let me say I am so glad I did! This was an outstanding children's graphic novel. The artwork and coloring was so amazing. Especially when she was training and on her mission.

The story follows Cleopatra at the age of fourteen. She skips her lesson and goes to get a friend they both have a fun day skipping school. They come across some type of vault/cave with a bunch of cool things inside. Being the curious young lady she was she touched something that glowed and transported her to the future. In the future she meets talking cats who tell her she is the savior of the galaxy. To prepare her for battle she must take basic classes and target practice.

This story is very adventurous and has a bit of action to it. I totally loved it!

My favorite parts:
+ the way she sat and slept in her basic classes
+ outsmarting her teacher in target practice with one simple shot.
+ when she had detention and explained why she had detention


Have you read this book?