Book Review | Blooded by Amanda Carlson

Title: Blooded

Author: Amanda Carlson

Series: Jessica McClain #0.5

Genres: Paranormal, Urban Fantasy

Publication/Year:  Orbit • 2012

Page Numbers:  66

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Jessica McClain was born the only female in an all male race. The only problem is — she's no wolf. Called a curse, a witch and the Daughter of Evil by the superstitious wolves, Jessica decides to fight for her freedom, at age nineteen, the only way she can — in the ring.

When she's brutally attacked right after her fight, is it enough to finally earn her freedom off Compound, or will she be forced to endure the hatred even longer...
My Rating: ★★★★.5

Quote(s) I Like:
"That sounds like a great idea, but the beach called and they want our highlights back." - Jessica

"In the end, we both know, I'm either going to die fighting, or you're going to have to finally let me go." - Jessica

"Between the new damage, my still-broken hand, and all the pain, I was barely staying conscious. I needed much more than Percocet; I needed to be knocked out." - Jessica

My Thoughts:
Amanda Carlson is an amazing writer. I love Jessica McClain and her feisty attitude. She is daring, sarcastic and determined. This novella gave me some more excitement for Red Blooded...

In this novella this shares Jessica's life before she turned into a werewolf. She is the only born female in the world and on top of being a female she can't turn into a wolf. Her father is the pack leader and her brother is a very strong alpha. She has to fight the werewolves because they believe she is the Daughter of Cain. She picks a fight with a wolf to force her father into letting her leave the pack's compound. Eventually she almost loses her life and her father finally agrees to let her leave under a new name with supervision for safety from other wolves and paranormal beings.

Can't wait to reread the first three books over when it comes close to book 4's release date.


Have you read this book?