Book Review | Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Anna and the French Kiss

Author: Stephanie Perkins

Series: Anna and the French Kiss, #1

Genres: Contemporary Romance

Publication/Year: Speak • 2010

Page Numbers: 264

Synopsis from Goodreads:
"Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. She is less than thrilled about boarding school in Paris - until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, he has it all - including a serious girlfriend. Will Anna get her French kiss?"
My Rating★★★.5

Quote(s) I Like:
"I ask myself, if the worst happened -- if I did get knocked up -- would I be embarrassed to tell my child who his father was? If the answer is anywhere even remotely close to yes, then there's no way." - Anna

"Because I was right. For the two of us, home isn't a place. It's a person. And we're finally home." - Anna

My Thoughts:
It didn't spark much in me, but it was an okay read. I love Anna's interaction and growth with the students at SOAP. I loved how her relationship with Étienne St. Claire grew from strangers to friends to crush and then they finally became a couple. Her friendships were pretty awesome -- at least the ones she built at SOAP. Her friends and "crush" back home did upset me though. I did not like how the snuck around dating and didn't tell her before she went home for vacation. Totally cruel.

**St. Claire's relationship with Ellie -- total trash! St. Claire's need to be with someone drove me insane.

Overall Conclusion:
I did get a bit bored every now with a few chapters, but the storyline and characters were good. Glad that Anna and St. Claire got together and even matured with one another.

Have you read this book?