Book Review | Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Title: Unravel Me

Author: Tahereh Mafi

Series: Shatter Me, #2

Genres: Dystopian, Paranormal Romance

Publication/Year: HarperCollins • 2013

Page Numbers: 345

Synopsis from Goodreads:
"tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life."
My Rating★★★★★

Quote(s) I Like:
"Uh, yeah -- how about a warm hell no to that request?  Does that work for you? Because it works for me." - Kenji

"There are many things I'd do differently, if I were in charge. But a solider does not always have to agree in order to obey." - Warner

My Thoughts:
Where the hell do I begin?! The Reestablishment vs Omega Point and all goes crazy. First off, Warner and Adam are brothers -- wtf! I must say that I am stuck between both Adam and Warner. That is some news. Juliette finally comes into herself accepts her ability or power. Even though it's deadly, when used in a "proper" manner I'm sure she can do great things. 

Adam, Warner, Kenji and James definitely have some cool abilities...but Juliette's is still top notch. It seems like every few chapters she discovers more about her ability and learns to hone them. I did not like the fact that Juliette and Adam had to break up, but I did understand it.

Kenji is one hilarious character. He kept it real with Juliette and definitely made her see the light. Warner is definitely still an ass throughout the book, he needs to grow up. He and Juliette both have issues that need to seriously be worked out. They both have a lot of growing up to do. Anderson is a major heartless douche bag! I see why Warner -- which I find out his real name -- and Adam are the way they are. I do not like the cliff hanger and ending, but it was an awesome ending!


- Spoiler Alert -
Omega Point is an underground version of 

Adam has the ability to disable other people's abilities. Kenji can blend into his surroundings, Warner can steal other abilities and James can heal himself. How crazy is that?

Warner and Adam are brothers, but Warner still doesn't know. Warner's real name is Aaron. The fact that Anderson, their father is a dick, helps me understand them both a bit better. They are opposites, but also are the same in many ways. I wish I could find out more about their father and mothers.

I'm sad that Adam and Juliette had to break up, but I completely understand that she didn't want to hurt him. Her ability is outstanding. She can destroy anything she wants. People, bricks, walls, the world -- it's by far outstanding.

The fact that Warner saved her at the end warms my heart. I am very intrigued to find out what happens in the final book and to see who she will pick: Warner or Adam.

My big question: How did these people gain their abilities?

Overall Conclusion:
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cannot wait to read Ignite Me!

Have you read this book?