Book Review | Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Title: Destroy Me

Author: Tahereh Mafi

Series: Shatter Me, #1.5

Genres: Dystopian, Paranormal Romance, Novella

Publication/Year: Harper • 2012 

Page Numbers: 103

Synopsis from Goodreads:
"Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me,Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45."
My Rating★★★★

Quote(s) I Like:
"My opinions should not easily break your own. Stand by your convictions. Form clear and logical arguments. Even if I disagree." - Warner; conversation with Delalieu about coffee.

"I like to take long baths. I've had an obsession with cleanliness for as long as I can remember. I've always been so mired in death and destruction that I think I've overcompensated by keeping myself pristine as much as possible." - Warner

"I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen. And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible, paralyzing feeling. I feel crippled. Desperate and out of control." - Warner in reference to his love for Juliette

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed an insight on Warner's character. Wish there was more about his life growing up, but finding out about his father made me feel sad. I don't like Anderson at all. He such a damn douche bag. He is a horrible father! How could you kid your child while they are mentally and physically down. Now I see why Warner is the way he is towards life. It's sad to see him go through that, but I still love Adam more!

Really good novella!


Have you read this book?