OWLs Magical Readathon 2019 TBR

Hello Book nerds, it's Nay!

Lately there has been a lot of hype going on about the OWLs Magical Readathon. I have never partook in the OWLs or NEWTs readathon, but this year I decided I would give it a try. I have NOT read ANY of the Harry Potter books, but I have seen all of the movies. I've decided that since I'm looking to partake in a ton of readathons this year I'd join in on this one. Though I'm starting 10 days late, I'm including any book I've read since the beginning of April.
For those who are like me and don't know what the OWLs Magical Readathon is a month long readathon that was created and is hosted by Book Roast on YouTube. It is Harry Potter themed, but you don't have to read any Harry Potter books or even be a Harry Potter fan.

The readathon is based around the exams students take at Hogwarts. The  O.W.Ls (Ordinary Wizarding Levels) and the N.E.W.Ts (Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests). The O.W.Ls run from the 1st of April to the 30th of April and N.E.W.Ts run from 1st of August to the 31st of August.

This year there are Wizarding Careers available to make the readathon a lot more fun. I am new to all of this so I did print everything out and read through it all for a better understanding and I've decided on picking a Wizarding Career. 

You don't have to choose a career, you can just do any of the 12 prompts provided. You can find everything for the readathon below:

Okay so now for my choice in wizarding career...
After looking through all the careers, I went with this one. It requires me to read 7 books and then for the NEWTs I will have to read 12 books. That's going to be fun. Plus, after reading it through it definitely sounded like something fun to do!

On to the prompts and my TBR:
Ancient Runes - retelling
Circe by Madeline Miller 
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
Arithmancy - work written by more than one author
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Charms - Age-line: read an adult work
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Defence Against the Dark Arts - Reducto: title starts with an "R"
The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas
Ruckus by L.J. Shen  
Transfiguration - sprayed edges or red cover
The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski 
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab 
Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa
I also have to pick 2 more subjects of my choice:
Muggle Studies - contemporary
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
Potions - Next ingredient: sequel
Apprentice Needed by Obert Skye
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo 
Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
The OWLs are graded for total exams completed:
  • Acceptable = 2 or more exams completed
  • Exceeds Expectations = 6 or more exams completed
  • Outstanding = 9 or more exams completed
To get an Outstanding on the OWLs I'll be doing two more exams:
History of Magic - published at least 10 years ago
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowlings
 This will be my first time ever reading a Harry Potter book even though I've seen every movie.

Care of Magical Creatures - land animal on the cover
The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo 
Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa
Hopefully this readathon goes well for me.

Happy reading everyone!