Book Review | A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

Title: A Court of Wings and Ruin

Author: Sarah J. Maas

Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #3

Age: New Adult, Young Adult

Genres: Fantasy Romance

Publication Date: May 2, 2017

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's

Source: eBook

Purchase: Kindle | Hardcover | Paperback | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all. 

My Rating: 

Quote(s) I Like:
"Deal. But amongst our family...call me on my bullshit all you want. I insist, actually. Because it's fun. Because you're my equal. And as much as that means having each other's back in public, it also means that we grant each other the gift of honesty. Of truth." - Rhysand

"It's all part of the game, Feyre darling. Who to trust, when to trust them -- what information to barter." - Rhysand

"As High Lady, you are mine. And Azriel's, and Mor's and Amren's. You belong to all of us, and we belong to you. We would not have...put you in so much danger." - Cassian

"How can you ask me not to give everything I have to ensure that you, that my family and people, survive?" - Rhysand

"I do not let you do anything. You are your own person, you make your own choices. But we are mates -- I am yours, and you are mine. We do not let each other do things, as if we dictate the movements of each other. But...I might have insisted I go with you.  More for my own mental well-being, just to know you were safe." - Rhysand

My Thoughts:
Okay so I've let this book stew for a day to get my mind around it. This book is full of plot twists, betrayal, love, friendship, family, heartbreak, secrets, lies and more. This books is action packed to the core. So many bargains take place and many relationships are tested. Sarah J. Maas is seriously a phenomenal writer and can really grip her readers. My only thing is that I wouldn't classify this series as a YA, but rather a NA especially since this book has a lot more steamy scenes to it.

Feyre is High Lady of the Night Court and still badass as ever. She's learning to balance her roles as sister, friend and High Lady. She's a lot more daring in this book and a lot more vicious and I love it. Feyre is phenomenal.

Rhysand is the High Lord of the Night Court and I just love him! This book shows off more of his romantic side as well as his struggles as High Lord. I love how Rhysand tries so hard to protect his people, friends and family. He always tries to bare everything on his own. He seriously a fearsome, sweet and loving guy.

The romance was spicy in this book! With Feyre and Rhysand you can expect a lot of steaminess to take place. Their relationship is beautiful. They treat one another as equals. Talk things through. Protect each other. Rule equally. I just LOVE them!!!

The High Lords were all interesting. I think the scenes with the meeting were quiet intriguing. Especially the things revealed about Hellion and Beron -- I was SHOCKED!!! I loved it. Tamlin, High Lord of the Spring Court, is a bitch...nothing more, nothing less. He sulks with losing Feyre to Rhys. He groans about Lucien leaving. He just whines like a damn baby. However, I did appreciate him in the last 10 chapters of the book.

Ianthe is still a twisted lady. I was hoping for Amren to kill her! Poor Amren, I just love her!!! Lucien is a true friend! Cassian is still a hardcore funny guy. Az sure got a temper on him. That scene with him and Eris -- oh my!! Mor shocked me with her secret, I never suspected. King of Hybern is a twisted old man and I'm glad with how things ended. He was just a pissy fae that couldn't take getting his ass kicked by 3 ladies.

Nesta and Elain...there are just no words to explain how much I adored them the whole book. They are just as badass as their sister Feyre. I am excited Vassa was found and can't wait to see how things turn out in the end for her.

That ending was beautiful! I definitely have to say this is one of my top books this year and my favorite in the series so far. I'm diving into the novella (A Court of Frost and Starlight) as I patiently wait the next book.

Have you read this book?