Review: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Angel Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a pretty good start to the Infernal Devices series. I've read the graphic novel and enjoyed it so much that I hesitated reading the novel. However, I did truly enjoy it, I just couldn't give it a 5 star rating simply because there wasn't enough action.

Tessa is very smart and intriguing girl. I enjoyed her character a bit. She was confident and always looking to learn more about Shadowhunters and Downworlders. Even when she was tortured and trained she continued to keep such grace. I didn't understand her fondness of Will whatsoever and at times she just seemed to question and nag so much, but I'm excited to learn that she is a warlock and maybe even find out who her real father is.

Will was freaking obnoxious. I hated him, but he did make me laugh consistently. He was too rude and snarky for my liking. I get that something had to have happened in my past between his parents and this mystery girl Cecily, but I don't get why he is always trying to get himself hurt or rather killed. It truly irks my nerve. What makes it worse, I know he has feelings for Tessa, but he continues to be a major douche to her. I can't stand it!

Jem is freaking awesome. I love him so much and I wish Tessa would have chosen to fall in love with him over Will. Jem is the exact opposite of Will. He is thoughtful, caring and looks at the world with such grace. He is kind to all whether they are Shadowhunters, Downworlders or even mundanes. I hated finding out about his "sickness" but I admire his strength to keep pushing through it. I hope he doesn't die until the end and even then I don't want him to die.

Jessamine was the most annoying person in this book to me. Her image of what life should be as a woman is clouded by fairy-tales. She doesn't accept the fact that she is a Shadowhunters and wants to leave it all behind. I didn't like how rude she was to Tessa either. She is freaking annoying.

Charlotte, Henry, Thomas, Sophie and Agatha were all rockstars. I loved them to pieces because they were always helpful and supportive. Magnus Bane and Camille will always be my favorite Downworlders, especially after reading The Mortal Instruments series. I just love how hilarious and uncaring at times Magnus can be and Camille just has such an elegance to her and has true emotions for a vampire.

de Qunicy seemed like a douche the whole book, but after learning the truth and seeing that he was only a pawn in the make of things I truly feel bad for him. Nathaniel is the worse brother, son and nephew on earth. I cannot believe what he did to his aunt and let alone what he was doing to his sister. I can't stand him. Mortiman is a trickster to say the least. His obsession with Tessa was nothing more than him trying to possibly relive an old flame. I seriously hope he dies.

Overall, I'm excited to move on to Clockwork Prince and see how the story continues on.

View all my reviews