Book Review | I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre

Title: I Want It That Way

Author: Ann Aguirre

Series: 2B Trilogy #1

Age: New Adult

Genres: Contemporary Romance

Publication Date: August 26th, 2014

Publisher: Harlequin HQN

Page Numbers: 384

Format: E-Book

Source: Purchased

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo

Synopsis: 
Nadia Conrad has big dreams, and she's determined to make them come true. But between maintaining her college scholarship and working at the local day care to support herself, dating's the last thing on her mind. Then she moves into a new apartment and meets the taciturn yet irresistible guy in 1B....

Daniel Tyler has grown up too fast. Becoming a single dad at twenty turned his life upside down--and brought him heartache he can't risk again. Now, as he raises his four-year-old son while balancing a full-time construction management job and night classes, the last thing he wants is noisy students living in the apartment upstairs. But one night, Nadia's and Ty's paths cross, and soon they can't stay away from each other.

The timing is all wrong--but love happens when it happens. And you can't know what you truly need until you stand to lose it.
My Rating: ★★★★

Quote I Liked
"God, I  had no idea what it was about him, but every time he said my name, it went through me like gasping,  shivering sex" - Nadia

My Thoughts

Ann Aguirre did an awesome job with this NA Contemporary Romance. This is my third or fourth contemporary new adult read and it was awesome. I gave this a 4 star rating because Ty pissed me off with his ways every now and then and I just felt annoyed.

Nadia was a very intriguing young lady. For a college student she was highly mature and strong willed. I enjoyed learning more about her and how she interacted with her roommates, her job and her neighbor. She kept things interesting and when she felt she spoke to much it just was perfection.

Ty was an awesome guy, but he totally irked me at some points. He was a hard worker and outstanding father to Sam. He truly loved his son and was determined to let no one hurt or harm him in any shape or form. I respected Ty, but when it came to the memories of Diana, his ex, he irked me to death. I understand him feeling bad, but at the same time it was Diana's choice to be miserable and hate life not his. But I love how Nadia helped him let go. It was amazing.

Sam was too damn adorable for me. He was sweet, loving, respectable and just an awesome little kid. His love for Nadia was amazing -- he loved her as a person, as a teacher and as his father girlfriend. It was precious in every single way.

I loved all the other roommates. They were a bit crazy, but very enjoyable to the story.

Ann Aguirre did amazing. Ready to see what the companion brings.

Have you read this book?