Book Review | Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Don't Look Back

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: ---

Genres: Contemporary Romance, Mystery

Publication/Year: Disney-Hyperion • 2014

Page Numbers: 384 via eBook

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend. 

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash.

But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?
My Rating: ★★★★★

Quote(s) I Like:
"If he was my boyfriend, I had no idea what to do with him. Well, I did -- I suddenly had lots of ideas that involved kissing, touching, and all sorts of fun things, but he was...mouthwateringly gorgeous, and that intimidated the hell out of me." - Samantha

"If getting my memory back means becoming a huge bitch like you? Yeah, I think I'll pass on that." - Samantha

"Sam, you're really making it hard to be a good guy...I want to be the good guy with you. You deserve that." - Carson

"I asked you about those pictures, Sam, because I was pissed. You acted like it was no big deal. If I'd known, I would've knocked him the hell out a lot sooner. I think I'm going to bust his other eye." - Scott

"You know, I was sort of jealous when I found out Scott got to give you a black eye, but then I told myself to be patient. You'd give us another reason to knock the living shit out of you." - Carson

My Thoughts:
Let me just say, even though I own a ton of her books, this is my first ever JLA read. Yes I know, I'm missing out completely, but being that I own all of her YA and NA books I may just binge read them *smile*

This book was outstanding from beginning to end. This was full of drama, suspense and mystery. I have never read a book written with such a strong plot twist to it.

Samantha, the protagonist, has been missing for four days. She is found on a road side walking and physically damaged and is taken to a hospital. When she gets there she is met by her parents who she cannot remember. She can't seem to remember anything and she finds out her best friend Cassie is missing too. She must try and remember what happened the night she disappeared since she was the last person to see Cassie. But the only question is, will remembering be worth the danger that's to come?

This story follows Sam as she tries to regain her life back and remember what happened the night she disappeared. Unfortunately, everything that was normal prior to just isn't normal now because she has no idea who she is. She begins to have flashes of memories of her life which totally makes her want to be a better person. Cassie ends up being dead and the person who killed her and tried to kill Sam is the person anyone would least expect.

I totally loved the plot twist. I would have never in a million years guessed who the murderer was. Sam's life was a total circus. Prior to her disappearance she was extremely popular, had a hot boyfriend and was a mean girl times 10. When she comes back clueless about her life she ends up falling for Carson, her old childhood best friend, and becomes a much nicer person.

Despite how Sam used to be, she changed and became a better person despite how things turned out for her in the end.

Jennifer L. Armentrout created such mind blowing story that keeps you hooked with each page. Questioning the motives, the ideas and personality of each character. When the book is over you can't help but love it!

Pure perfection in my eyes.

Have you read this book?