Book Review | To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Title: To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Author: Jenny Han

Series: To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1

Age: Young Adult

Genres: Contemporary Romance

Publication Date: April 15, 2014

Publisher: Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

Source: eBook

Purchase: Kindle | Hardcover | Paperback | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them… all at once?

Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.

My Rating: 

Quote(s) I Like:
"I suppose in matters of the heart, there is no predicting how a person will or won't behave." - Lara Jean

My Thoughts:
This was a cute read. I give it a 3.5 star rating. The romance was sweet and the friendships interesting. I loved the drama and fake relarionship that took place.

Lara Jean is a quiet girl that doesn't express herself to boys. Her love life was pretty non-existent until her love letters were sent out to five boys she loved. One letter was returned and the other four were sent out changing her life. I liked Lara. She was quirky and snarky at times.

Josh is the boy next door that Lara loves but can't because he dates her older sister Margot. I liked him a lot. I wish he and Lara could have been a thing instead of him and Margot.

Peter is an over confident, loud yet quiet guy. He seemed like a douche bag, but he was really sweet. I enjoyed his snarky remarks and how he truly started to like Lara Jean.

The romance was interesting. The fake relationship was cool, but then of course feelings got real. The confessions were funny and sweet.

Margot and Kitty are awesome sisters and Chris seems like an interesting friend to have.

I'm interested in the sequel for sure and to see how things pan out in Lara Jean's love life.

Have you read this book?