Bout of Books 23 Progress

Hey book nerds!
The start of Bout of Books 23 read-a-thon has begun! I will write all of my updates here. Happy Reading and good luck to everyone taking part in the read-a-thon!

DAY 1 - Monday, Aug 20th

Challenge: Yes, Introduce Yourself #insixwords
IG Photo Challenge: Yes, Currently Reading

Books In-Progress: Cling by Kim Cash Tate (2 chapters left) and The Falconer by Elizabeth May (left at chapter 15)
Audiobook Progress: Made it to 36% of the book so far (started at 15%)
Books Completed: The Tycoon's Rebel Bride by Nanao Hidaka and The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King

Total Books Read: 4 books + audiobook
Total Pages Read: 506 pages (not including audiobook)

Comments/Thoughts: This was a successful for me! I totally enjoyed day one of BoB 23. I completed 2 of my 5 goals as well which rocks:
  • Read 300 pages
  • Read a graphic novel or manga
I enjoyed The Tycoon's Rebel Bride enough to give it a 3.5 star rating. It's a short read, but enjoyable. The Hundredth Queen was awesome, I'm giving it a 4.5 star rating. A great first book to the series. Cling is phenomenal, but it's one of those books that you need to read one chapter a day because it's packed with so much beauty and insight. The Falconer is a different kind of book for me as it's a paranormal with steampunk aspects and set in Scotland in the 1800's, but shockingly enough I am totally enjoying this and I'm almost at the half-way mark. After You is such a heart-warming and heart-breaking story. I am loving Louisa (obviously) and her interaction with Sam. Lily is a total shock to me, but adds dimension to the story now that Will is gone. Enjoying the audiobook so far.

Total Book Count: 2
Total Page Count: 506

DAY 2 - Tuesday, Aug 21st

Challenge: Yes, Book Plot Emoji
IG Photo Challenge: Yes, Favorite Color Covers

Books In-Progress: The Falconer by Elizabeth May, made it to page 259!
Audiobook Progress: none
Books Completed: Cling by Kim Cash Tate and Anne of Green Gables Graphic Novel by Mariah Marsden and Brenna Thummler

Total Books Read: 3 books
Total Pages Read: 366 pages

Comments/Thoughts: Today was an okay day. Wisdom tooth is growing in so it's causing a lot of pain. I slept most of my afternoon away and woke up around 9pm. I was able to tackle another goal of mine.
  • Finish 3 books from list 
I have now completed Cling by Kim Cash Tate, The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King and The Tycoon's Rebel Bride by Nanao Hidaka. I didn't listen to any of my audiobook today due to sleeping all day, but I plan to try out Binti by Nnedi Okorafor this week in audio. I read 9 chapters in The Falconer today which means I only have about 12 chapters left to go in the book. I'm really enjoying the humor in the book and the fact that it's not romance heavy. The romance within the book has a lot of humor to it which draws me in even further. I was able to complete the last two chapters of Cling so that was awesome. Good reading day. My goal is to try and finish up The Falconer tomorrow.

Total Book Count: 4
Total Page Count: 872

DAY 3 - Wednesday, Aug 22nd

Challenge: Yes, Literary Villain
IG Photo Challenge: Yes, Book Spine Poetry

Books In-Progress: none
Audiobook Progress: After You by Jojo Moyes made it to 55% of the way through!
Books Completed: The Falconer by Elizabeth May & Binti by Nnedi Okorafor

Total Books Read: 2
Total Pages Read: 214 pages (not including audiobook)

Comments/Thoughts: Day 3 was much better than day 2. I completed another one of my goals:
  • Participate in 2 challenges 
I've been doing the challenges on the blog and on IG as well so I'm happy with that! That means I've completed all of my goals since I do plan to read daily. I've also officially complete 4 of the 5 books on my TBR and I'm halfway through my audiobook, so I'm hopefully to finish the After You audiobook by the end of the readathon.

I was able to finally finish The Falconer, which left me in such a disarray with how it ended. I listened to a bit of After You and made it half way through it! I decided to listen to it at a 1.25 or 1.5 speed which helps. I am LOVING the audiobook. I decided to dive into Binti since I kept hearing people rave about it. I started with the audiobook and then started reading the eBook along with it. It was an okay read for me. I may pick up the sequel next week.

Total Book Count: 6
Total Page Count: 1,086

DAY 4 - Thursday, Aug 23rd

Challenge: Yes, Book Trip
IG Photo Challenge: Yes, 5 Star Read

Books In-Progress: The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May
Audiobook Progress: none
Books CompletedLove's Second Chance by L.P. Dover and The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May

Total Books Read: 3
Total Pages Read: 669

Comments/Thoughts: Today has been a day of binge reading through The Falconer trilogy by Elizabeth May. I finished The Falconer yesterday and loved so immediately had to read the sequel The Vanishing Throne. I died several times reading this book and was left to my impending death on the last page. I decided to dive into the final book, The Fallen Kingdom and made it to chapter 4 and I'm already loving it. I'm sure I'll finish it off tomorrow!

As for my progress...I cannot believe how many books I've completed. I feel like I could definitely handle an epic fantasy book this year for sure -- oh yeah. As for the audiobook After You by Jojo Moyes. I think I'm going to download the book to follow along, that may make me more inclined to listen to it.

Total Book Count: 8
Total page count: 1,755

DAY 5 - Friday, Aug 24th

Challenge: Yes, Bookish Playlist
IG Photo Challenge: Yes, Unfinished Book or Series

Books In-Progress: none
Audiobook Progress: made it to 72% (Chapter 21) of After You by Jojo Moyes (it's breaking me too pieces).
Books Completed: The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May, Claymore: Volume 1 by Norihiro Yagi and Claymore: Volume 2 by Norihiro Yagi

Total Books Read: 3
Total Pages Read: 772 (not including audiobook)

Comments/Thoughts: Another great reading day for me. I've finished The Falconer trilogy by Elizabeth May which was freaking phenomenal. Though The Fallen Kingdom didn't go as I thought it should have, it ended in such beauty. I was able to read both volumes 1 and 2 of the Claymore which rocked! I did get back into listening After You and decided to listen at a consistent speed of 1.75 and though it sounds super fast, it's very interesting. I'm enjoying the depth of this story.

Total Book Count: 11
Total Page Count: 2,527

DAY 6 - Saturday, Aug 25th

Challenge: Yes, Discover Books
IG Photo Challenge: Yes, Published in 2018

Books In-Progress: The Novice by Taran Matharu (read to chapter 5 so that's about 27 pages of reading).
Audiobook Progress: Finished After You by Jojo Moyes
Books CompletedJust Like Animals by Hettie Ivers, Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel Vol 2 by Daniel Abraham and Tommy Patterson, Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel Vol 3 by Daniel Abraham and Tommy Patterson and After You by Jojo Moyes.

Total Books Read: 5
Total Pages Read: 816 (not including audiobook)

Comments/Thoughts: As I read both volume 2 and 3 of the Game of Thrones graphic novels, I've come to the conclusion that it's just not for me whatsoever. I will try the book as I didn't care for the show either, so fingers are crossed for the book. Just Like Animals was a definite must read for me this year because I am obsessed with the Werelock evolution series and world that Hettie Ivers created. She never disappoints so I'm so happy I was able to read an early copy of this beauty. Totally recommend it! I've finally finished After You by Jojo Moyes and I absolutely enjoyed it. Took me some time, but it was good and I may listen to the final book in audio version.

Total Book Count: 15
Total Page Count: 3,343

DAY 7 - Saturday, Aug 26th

Challenge: Yes, Stretch Goal
IG Photo Challenge: Yes, Series Love

Books In-Progress: The Novice by Taran Matharu

Total Books Read: 1
Total Pages Read: 147

Comments/Thoughts: Read a few more chapters of The Novice and I am enjoying a ton. Definitely a pretty good read so far. I love that this has demons, dwarves and elves in it.

Total Book Count: 15
Total Page Count: 3,490
This is the end of my progress post. Check out my wrap up on Monday, Aug 27th!