Book Review | Love's Second Chance by L.P. Dover

Title: Love's Second Chance

Author: L. P. Dover

Series: Second Chances #1

Age: Adult

Genres: Contemporary Romance

Publication Date: March 27, 2013

Publisher: Amazon 

Source: eBook

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Kobo 

Synopsis: 
Korinne Anders had it all. She had the perfect job, the perfect house, and the perfect husband. When tragedy strikes, her world takes a devastating turn. Six months After losing her husband to a car accident, Korinne vows it to herself never to love again. If she doesn’t allow another man in her heart, then there’s no reason for her to feel the pain of loss. This plan seems to work, but is put to the test when Korinne’s best friend can’t stand to see her suffering any longer.

Korinne’s long-time friend, Jenna Perry, has an idea and it involves helping her friend find the spark of life in her soul no matter what it takes. Korinne didn’t know that Jenna’s plan meant bringing back a past love, a second chance with the man that Korinne had to leave in college, but always kept a place for in her heart.

When Galen Matthews learns of Korinne’s loss and that she’s finally moved back home, he wants nothing more than to be there for her. The love he felt for Korinne years ago has never left him, and now he’s given a second chance to not only mend her heart of her loss, but to also continue the love they shared in the past. Will his love and determination make her strong enough to give fate a second chance, or will her fear of losing another love make her run away?

What will Korinne do when she’s faced with a love so powerful that no matter what she does there’s nowhere to run from it?

My Rating: 

Quote(s) I Like:
"I don't think so. I enjoy not working eighty hours a week, and having a life. Tell me, when was the last time you went out and had any fun?" - Brady

"'It's okay, I'll keep her company. She'll be safe with me.' For some reason I didn't believe him. No part of my body was safe with Galen around." - Galen & Korinne

"How could I forget? I do have a question though. Was she always a rude ass bitch, or was that just me she was acting that way to?" - Korinne

My Thoughts:
This was such a sweet contemporary romance. I enjoyed it and read it pretty fast. The romance was beautiful, the writing kept me into it and the characters were all awesome.

Korinne just lost her husband, Carson, of two years to a really nasty car accident. She has vowed to never love again. She moved back in with her parents for some time and has now decided to go back home, but instead of her house she rents a condo to stay at. Korinne is a very sweet woman. She a well sought after interior designer, but when she lost her heart she felt like she couldn't go on. She is so strong with all that she has endured and how she continues to push through and learn about herself all over again.

Galen is the first love that Korinne left behind. He is a business man and could have any pick of women but he still harbors a great love for Korinne. I loved how sweet he was. Everything he did was from the heart. He was so romantic and loving. Everything about him screamed husband material.

The romance was beautiful. I loved it! Korinne and Galen were college sweethearts until she transferred to another school. Galen never truly moved on from her, even when she married Carson. The chemistry between them was amazing! I loved seeing how they tried to control themselves, but gave into the love that grew over years. The love was pure, the romance was just amazing. Galen definitely wanted Korinne to know that he loved her and cared enough for her to support her struggle with losing her husband. This was just everything!

Those last few chapters almost gave me a heartattack in the best way possible. It was like everything came crashing down all around Korinne while still looking up. I loved it! I gave this a 4 star rating because it was as if the ending was rushed, though it was all amazing.

I enjoyed this and totally recommend it if you're looking for a quick contemporary read.

Have you read this book?