Book Review | Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door

Author: Stephanie Perkins

Series: Anna and the French Kiss #2

Age: Young Adult

Genres: Contemporary Romance

Publication Date: September 29, 2011

Publisher: Dutton Children's Books

Source: eBook

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
In this companion novel to "Anna and the French Kiss," two teens discover that true love may be closer than they think.  
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn't believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit - more sparkly, more fun, more wild - the better. But even though Lola's style is outrageous, she's a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. 
When Cricket - a gifted inventor - steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
This one is a shocker for me. I didn't care much for the first novel in this companion trilogy, but this one was just too beautiful! I did, however, love the appearance that Anna and St. Claire made in this book.

Lola is a sort of eccentric girl. She dresses boldly and loudly. Fashion and costumes are her way of expression and she creates some stunning pieces. Lola isn't extremely confident about herself, but she is sure of herself.

Max, Lola's twenty two year old boyfriend, was a complete douchebag. I hated him because he only seemed to be interested in Lola for her innocence and the sex. I liked how Lola ended things with him both times. I hated how jealous he was and his final words to her were extremely hurtful.

Cricket was freaking amazing. I loved him. He was an out there kind of guy. The "nice guy" and I adored him. He was sweet, caring, attentive, loving and just all around perfect.

The romance was insane between Max and Lola, but knowing that Lola was head over heels for Cricket still and he for her I was slowly waiting for things to end between Max and Lola. Cricket and Lola are absolute perfect because they match each others quirkiness and love each for who they are.

Overall, it has taken me 3 years to pick this up, but I'm glad I finally did. This was an absolute cute romance.

Have you read this book?