Book Review | Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Title: Six of Crows

Author: Leigh Bardugo

Series: Six of Crows #1

Age: Young Adult

Genres: Fantasy

Publication Date: September 29, 205

Publisher: Indigo

Source: eBook

Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Play Store | iBooks 

Synopsis: 
Criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker has been offered wealth beyond his wildest dreams. But to claim it, he'll have to pull off a seemingly impossible heist:

Break into the notorious Ice Court
(a military stronghold that has never been breached)

Retrieve a hostage
(who could unleash magical havoc on the world)

Survive long enough to collect his reward
(and spend it)

Kaz needs a crew desperate enough to take on this suicide mission and dangerous enough to get the job done - and he knows exactly who: six of the deadliest outcasts the city has to offer. Together, they just might be unstoppable - if they don't kill each other first. 

My Rating: 

My Thoughts:
I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. It was hilarious, deadly, sweet and everything in between. My favorite characters have to be Kaz, Jesper and Inej although I enjoyed them all!

Kaz is one cold hearted, killing thief, but at the same time underneath it all he has a huge heart. I love how he truly cares for his crew, especially for Inej even though he plays it off.

Jesper is a funny dude! I was shocked to find that he was a Grisha, but he was awesome. Matthias was annoying, but I'm glad he changed at the end. Nina is a spunky girl! I hope she survives. Rollins is interesting, hope he and Kaz have an all out fight.

The romance between Kaz and Inej and Matthias and Nina was freaking cool. You could tell the romance was there, but it didn't play a huge role in the story which I appreciated.

I loved the action, the drama, the grisha and all the craziness that took place. That ending with Kaz and Van Eck was insane!!!! Poor Inej. The last chapter with Rollins just has me excited! Can't wait to finally read Crooked Kingdom!

Have you read this book?