Promo | Destroyed

81lOomkVNYL._SL1500_

Title: Destroyed
Author: Pepper Winters
Release Date: March 7, 2014
Genre: 'Grey' Contemporary Romance
goodreads  

Synopsis

She has a secret. I’m complicated. Not broken or ruined or running from a past I can’t face. Just complicated. I thought my life couldn’t get any more tangled in deceit and confusion. But I hadn’t met him. I hadn't realized how far I could fall or what I'd do to get free. He has a secret. I’ve never pretended to be good or deserving. I chase who I want, do what I want, act how I want. I didn’t have time to lust after a woman I had no right to lust after. I told myself to shut up and stay hidden. But then she tried to run. I’d tasted what she could offer me and damned if I would let her go. One secret destroys them.
  Sale 3  
Available for the First Time Ever on Sale. Discounted from $3.99 to 99c for a Limited Time Only

   

Excerpt

My favourite saying was: the beauty in this world was hidden by filth and lies while evil was painted in beauty and smiles. It had become a testament I lived by. A rule I never broke. Because I no longer trusted beauty and smiles. I learned the hard way. I learned to scratch the surface and search for truth and realness, all the while protecting myself in lies. But then a man, who was neither beautiful or a liar, made a proposition. With fear and stupidity, I sold myself to him. Sold myself to a fighter who could sense my lies as easily as a fox senses a rabbit. I regretted it. I revelled in it. It destroyed me. ** In a lightning move, Fox grabbed my arm and hauled me upright. I teetered on my stupid heels, cursing the pinching pain of blisters. My eyes came to his mouth, and I gulped as he licked his lips. “Your first order is to put your hands behind your back.” His breath tickled my eyelashes, smelling faintly of chocolate and mint. I frowned. “Do it,” Fox demanded. Slowly, I brought my arms behind my back and linked my fingers. The moment I’d locked them against the small of my back, he hooked his finger into the dip in my dress and dragged me forward. My chest collided with his—my breasts against his hard muscle. My stomach rose and fell, brushing against his chiselled one. “Don’t unlock your fingers.” His voice acted like fuel to the fire already licking my core. I shivered as his fingers trailed from my hips up to my waist. The pads of his thumbs tickled the sides of my breasts as he worked his way upward. Slowly. So, slowly. Softly. So, softly. My vision darkened; I went lightheaded all thanks to the heat he invoked inside me—turning my craving into a lunatic obsession. I needed his touch. I needed to be petted and pampered and adored. I’d never been a sexual creature, but now I understood why people hungered for it. Why the thought of being taken and worshiped had such maddening appeal. Shamelessly, I felt wetness building between my legs. Fox bowed his head, his eyes never leaving mine. Green to grey, vivid to colourless. My lips parted on their own accord; my breath grew shallow as my legs shook. Inch by inch he came closer, bringing with him the scent of smoke and metal. I tensed for a fast kiss. A hard kiss. But Fox held himself still, hovering over my mouth only a fraction away from touching. My lips tingled and ached; my tongue wanted to dart out and lick him. If he was using my body against me, it was working. A small noise sounded in his chest, and I looked harder into his eyes. Instead of raw passion there, I saw utter confusion. My heart stuttered and once again my protective instincts rose. He shouldn’t be confused. I would kiss him in that moment even if I had to do it for free. I’d never know who crossed the last millimetre of distance, but I moaned the instant his lips touched mine. Our eyes snapped shut, and nothing else existed but taste. I kept expecting him to break. To drag me closer and plunge his tongue into my mouth, but he did the opposite. With perfect pressure, he coaxed my lips apart and the very tip of his tongue entered my mouth. His taste intoxicated me, and I strained forward, rubbing my breasts against him. He stiffened, but didn’t stop kissing me, keeping up the maddening softness, exploring deeper with a gentle tongue. My head swam as I forgot to breathe; my fingers loosened until my hands fell to my sides. All I could think about was touching him, dragging him closer, forcing him to be rough, to end his infuriatingly slow assault. Something switched in him and his lips pressed harder. Confidence filled his touch and he dragged me closer, hips thrusting just enough for me to feel the hard heat in his slacks. I tipped my head, allowing him better access, wanting him to kiss me deeper. But he didn’t take advantage. Slow and soft and coaxing. It was the best kiss I’d ever received, but also the worst. It sparked lust and need in every inch of me. My lips wanted more, my tongue wanted savagery. My skin wanted to bruise because he needed to touch me so badly.    

Information

Pepper WInters Pepper Winters is a NYT and USA Today International Bestseller. She wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex... her books have sex. She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends. She’s also honoured to wear the IndieReader Badge for being a Top 10 Indie Bestsellers, best BDSM series voted by the SmutClub, and recently signed a two book deal with Grand Central. Her books are currently being translated into numerous languages and will be in bookstores in the near future.  

You can stalk her here
 
Her Dark Romance books include (click for buy links from numerous online sites):
 
Her Grey Romance books include (click for buylinks from numerous online sites):
 
Upcoming releases are (click the link to add to Goodreads)
 
To be the first to know of upcoming releases, please join Pepper’s Newsletter (she promises never to spam or annoy you.)